Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cold outside, sewing inside

So, January has never been my favorite month of the year.  The holidays are over and it seems like there's nothing to look forward to except snow, snow, and more snow.  Fortunately, here in central PA, we haven't had the kind of snow they're getting in the northeast.  In fact, according to our local weather station, out of the past 116 years in which weather records have been kept, this winter is only the 82nd snowiest. 



But it's still been cold.  And the cold weather is perfect for staying inside and doing crafts.  One of the things that I've been working on is the Mystery Block of the Month Club using Kate Spain's 12 Days of Christmas fabric, which is available at Fat Quarter Shop.  I started a couple months late, but have kept up with the months so far.  I always get excited to get the newest block of the month, to see what clever design it will be!  Up to now, I have 8 months done.  Here are the pictures.








Only four more blocks to go!  In the meantime, I'm working on some other projects, including my next bag in JemJem's challenge.  More on that in another post...

Until then, enjoy the snow!

1 comment:

  1. They are great! Block 7 scares me with its little triangle points!

    ReplyDelete