Wednesday, June 8, 2011

No tears over the Teardrop Bag

When I first saw June's pattern for the Teardrop Bag in Amy Butler's Style Stitches book, I wasn't that thrilled.  I'm not sure why, but I just didn't really like the bag all that much.  However, now that I've made it, I quite like it.  I love the fabric I picked out.  And I thought it was fairly simple to make.  I hit a few snags with the pattern, but overall, it wasn't too bad.




 The fabric was Moda's Fandango, designed by Kate Spain.  I will say, the most difficult part of this bag was probably turning the handles inside out.  I think it took me longer to get those handles the right way than it did to sew the whole thing.  The handle is quite long, so it was an effort.  And Amy's suggestion to put a safety pin at one end of the handle did absolutely nothing for me. 

Can't wait to make the coordinating coin purse to match my cute new bag!

3 comments:

  1. It turned out so great, and I like you didn't really care for this style, but yours looks fabulous! I think maybe because you used one print for the outside, genius! It looks super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out beautifully! I love the fabrics you chose-- both outside and the lining. Seeing yours has got me all inspired now. Hopefully I can get started on my bag this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I agree, the handle was definitely a challenge. I did use the safety pin & am not sure I would have been able to get it turned right side out without it. Did you leave the gap in the middle of the strap like she suggested? I almost didn't, but I'm sure glad I did! There's no way I would have gotten it turned out if I had to pull it through all the way.

    I'm featuring you today in this month's inspiration post for the monthly pattern, come check it out!

    ReplyDelete