Monday, August 29, 2011

August's "Moon" Bag

This month in the Amy Butler challenge, we were supposed to make a Fringed Hobo bag.  I opted out of the fringe and used some piping instead.  I made the large version of the bag.  I'm not entirely happy with the bag.  As is typical with many of Amy Butler's patterns, the bag is huge.  I don't mind the biggness of the bag.  However, the straps for the large bag end up being really short.  And I feel like the opening is a bit too small for the size of the bag.  I mean, this is a big bag.  You should be able to fit some big things in there.  But, nope.  The opening is too darn small. 



Because of the overall roundness of the bag, I call it my "Moon Bag."  I'm sure I'll find a use for it, even given its flaws of the small opening.  I like the fabric selection and I think the piping is cute.  I think next month's bag might be a little more useful to me, though.

1 comment:

  1. You bag looks great-- and I love the piping in lieu of the fringe. The impracticality of the smaller strap on this big bag didn't even occur to me. Thanks so much for pointing it out!

    ReplyDelete