And another one just because the fabric is so pretty:
I really like dandelions, so this fabric really called to me. It was purchased quite inexpensively from Fabric.com. I bought the lining fabric a little later, so it didn't make it into my picture. It's pink with white polka dots.
Anyhow, on this soul-searching Amy Butler purse journey, I've found that I've learned quite a bit about myself and my sewing likes and dislikes.
I really enjoy the following:
- Making handles
- The big "reveal"
I do not like the following:
- Having to try to open a zipper when a bag is inside out as I missed the step where it says, "Leave the zipper half-way open in order to turn the bag right-side out.
- Sewing gussets. Before this experience. I didn't even know what a gusset was.
- Sewing gussets on 6 bags because I am crazy enough to sew 6 bags at once. (That includes 12 gussets on the exterior fabric and 12 on the lining for a grand total of 24 gussets!!!! Ugh!)
- Having the use the seam ripper on 6 different bags because I sewed the tab onto both the exterior fabric and the lining, instead of just to the exterior (once again, as indicated in the instructions).
- Sewing gussets. Really. They're not a favorite of mine.
So, my 6 bags are almost complete. I have 5 done, with the 6th in progress. They're coming out rather nice, in spite of my difficulties listed above. I will say, zipper pouches are not the most exciting thing I've created. I think I like sewing bags a bit more.
Will post pictures soon!