Saturday, March 12, 2011

March Origami Bags...Completed!

Yet another month has now been completed in JemJam's challenge to create all the bags in Amy Butler's Style StitchesMy six Origami bags are now done.  As I mentioned in my previous posting, I did not especially enjoy making the gussets, but I think I got a lot better as I worked through them.  I also had never put in a zipper before.  I'll admit that I was quite confused on the first one, but then it all just clicked, and I realized it was quite easy. 

So, the question now is what will I do with all of these bags?  Every month, as I start the challenge, my husband asks me, "who is that bag for?" or "what will you do with that bag?"  I often don't have an answer for him, which seemed especially true this year.  Although I originally thought I wanted a whole set of these bags in the same print, I think I may give a few away.  My mom said she needed a new make-up bag, so she'll probably get one of the smaller ones.  I have a friend who is having a baby soon, so she may get the large one (which I think came out the best) filled with baby toys and diapers.  I think I want to keep the extra-large one.  I'm not sure what I'll do with it...I just like it! 

What to do with the rest?  We'll see...




I already can't wait to work on the challenge for April!  It's been a lot of fun.

5 comments:

  1. Yours turned out beautifully! Great choice of fabric and I love that polka dot lining. I'm so glad my husband hasn't yet realized that I keep sewing stuff with no purpose or recipient in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Built it and a use will come.

    Your bags look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabrics you chose for these! So soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look lovely. You must feel rather satisfied with these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool bags! I think you'll find plenty of good uses for these. As for your husband, older people tend to be grumpy and not appreciate crafts as much.

    I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete